Clocaenog Red Squirrels Trust (CRST) is a voluntary organisation which aims to protect and conserve red squirrels in Clocaenog Forest. The Trust’s membership consists of local residents and people from surrounding areas. CRST’s key partner is Natural Resources Wales (NRW) who manage the forest.
We aim to:
- Work together as a community group
- Keep the forest free from grey squirrels to ensure it is a place where the reds can flourish
- Work with key partner organisations and individuals to advance red squirrel conservation
- Engage local people and the wider community in nature and heritage conservation. To raise awareness of the plight of red squirrels
- Gain funding, resources and build relationships to secure the reds long-term future in the forest
- Support scientific/ecological research, studies and investigations which will assist red squirrel survival as well as help to inform wider conservation work in the forest.